Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    2 hits from our unhit group this draw: 3 and 16. That leaves us with 5 unhit numbers: 1,6,17,46,49

For the 17th draw of the cycle the probabilities are:
    0 hits =52%
    1 hit =34%
    2 hits= 5%
    3 hits= 5%

So zero or 1 are the most likely scenarios.

Good Luck!

BTW, you might be interested to know that 39 is the hottest number during this cycle with 7 hits and 34 is second with 6 hits.

34 hit in the first draw of the cycle, while 39 hit in the second draw. They both got their second hit within 3 draws. This is a good way to identify upcoming hot numbers.

Good Luck!

Just an update on the cycle. There are still 2 stragglers to hit:46 and 49.

At this stage of the cycle it is the norm to get no hits, so it is likely to take a few draws to hit these. There are 10 more draws until the cycle gets to average length so likely sometime in that span.

Good Luck!

New cycle for Canada Lotto Max

Hi Icewynd, Is there any new cycle for Lotto Max? If yes, what date was it started?

Hi Bestbrain,

I have never tracked the cycles for LottoMax, so I don't know. What I would suggest is that you just pick an arbitrary date and start your tracking. You might want to pick a draw 6 or 7 draws back and see what has hit and what hasn't since that date. The formulas listed on this thread should help you calculate how many numbers to expect from each group.

Good Luck!

I've sort of let this thread slide because there is not much action at this stage of the cycle. However, those of you who are paying attention would have noticed that 46 hit at the end of March (and repeated in the next draw!). That leaves us with 1 unhit number: 49.

Good Luck!

hiya Icewynd, cool...hopefully it can be exploited!

goodluck!
    blitzed

Quote Originally Posted by Icewynd
    I've sort of let this thread slide because there is not much action at this stage of the cycle. However, those of you who are paying attention would have noticed that 46 hit at the end of March (and repeated in the next draw!). That leaves us with 1 unhit number: 49.

Good Luck!

So the 49 finally hit on April 9th, which completes the cycle. The most recent draw was the first in the new cycle with 7 unhit numbers being drawn (since all 49 numbers went back into the unhit pool).

So, on the next draw we can have one of the 7 repeat (or, rarely 2 or more) or all 7 from the unhit pool of 42 numbers.

And that's how it goes...

Good Luck!

What are the 42 unhits numbers?

Every cycle starts with 7 numbers of the 49 hitting (6 + B). These would be the numbers that hit on April 13th. So, the "unhit" numbers would be the 42 numbers that did not hit on April 13th.

Good Luck!

Are there cycles like this with every game, even the state lottos like The Texas Two Step or Lotto Texas?

Yes, every game has a cycle. A cycle is defined as the number of draws required to play every number in the matrix.

So, for Pick 3 the cycle would be relatively short, while for Mega Millions it would take a long time to get all 75 numbers out.

I believe Lotto Texas has 56 numbers? So It would have a longer cycle than 6/49.

Good Luck!

Thanks Ice

I gave to sit back and chuckle a little .... Hmmm... The lotto is "random" yet they "claim" to have a guarantee each number will be drawn at the end of the cycle. I'm understanding this to be correct or "can" some go past their cycle time!

The new UK lotto 759 is a good example of this, with a statistical average cycle length of 37 draws, it has had 56 draws and we are still waiting for no 45 to be drawn to complete the cycle. There are no guarantees, just statistics. I will worry if it gets to 68 draws since in my trials over 6000 cycles that was the maximum possible.

Interesting Frank, I'll have to take a look at our local state lotteries. Do you use an excel formula or Macro to figure out what hasn't played yet or the duration of the cycles or just do it the old fashion way of data sorting!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast