Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada & TX endless summer
    Posts
    2,119

    Expanding "Hits by Position" Analysis

    Hi Lotto Lovers,

    I have expanded the basic frequency analysis that I completed earlier for the Canadian Lotto 6/49 game.

    I was looking at this file one day and I said to myself, "This distribution is all very well and good, but how does the distribution change relative to each different number in the first position?"

    All the numbers in a given lotto draw are relative to the first (lowest) number drawn. Since numbers cannot repeat, each subsequent number must be higher than the previous number. Therefore, if the first number is, for example, 19 that means that numbers 1-18 cannot appear.

    I decided to re-do the frequency distribution analyis for each of the first positions 1-12. These numbers account for 83% of the first position numbers. These are each on their own tab labelled P1=1 through P1=12.

    In adddition, I calculated the skips for each of these first position numbers. This analysis can be viewed on the tab "Skips". This analysis will help you choose which first digits you should include in your combinations.

    Hopefully this information will be useful and someone can win a Jackpot!

    You can download the file at:

    [url]http://www.mediafire.com/view/en03iws72fh40hm/Hits_By_Position_%26_Hits_Relative_to_P1.xlsm[/url]

    Enjoy!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,584
    Hi Icewynd,

    There is a problem with the file I uploaded, can you take your file down so that it can't be downloaded and I will get back to you in a short while!

    Thanks.

    Regards,
    PAB


    -∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏
    12:45, restate my assumptions.
    (1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
    (2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    (3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,584
    Hi Icewynd,

    When I downloaded the file I found that there were links to a file called AllNumbers.xls which obviously resides in a foler on your computer, along with a link to files on my computer. It is very strange because I re-downloaded my file that I uploaded yesterday and there were no links to any of my files in there, which is correct, so I am not sure what happened there. Anyway, I have also got rid of the links to your computer and re-uploaded the file and tested it and it now doesn't show that there are any external links from either of us.

    If you haven't done so already can you please take down your uploaded file which contains the external links, thank you.

    So here is the revised file...

    http://www.mediafire.com/view/zygl8sl5cw9msd5/Hits_By_Position_%26_Hits_Relative_to_P1.xlsm

    Regards,
    PAB


    -∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏
    12:45, restate my assumptions.
    (1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
    (2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    (3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada & TX endless summer
    Posts
    2,119
    Very strange. I just added the additonal tabs to your original file, so I don't know how those links got in there. Probably when I updated the file to include all current 3064 draws I forgot to 'paste values' and it didn't show up as long as the file was on my computer. I have taken down the file with the external links.

    Thanks for looking after the fix.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,584
    Hi Icewynd,

    Quote Originally Posted by Icewynd
    Probably when I updated the file to include all current 3,064 draws I forgot to 'paste values' and it didn't show up as long as the file was on my computer. I have taken down the file with the external links.
    That is probably what happened, but no worries.
    Thanks for taking down the file, it is appreciated.

    Regards,
    PAB


    -∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏
    12:45, restate my assumptions.
    (1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
    (2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    (3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada & TX endless summer
    Posts
    2,119
    Hi everyone,

    Has anyone downloaded the new file?

    If so, did you find it useful? Are there any changes that might be helpful?

    All feedback is appreciated!


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Africa, PE
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by PAB View Post
    Hi Icewynd,

    When I downloaded the file I found that there were links to a file called AllNumbers.xls which obviously resides in a foler on your computer, along with a link to files on my computer. It is very strange because I re-downloaded my file that I uploaded yesterday and there were no links to any of my files in there, which is correct, so I am not sure what happened there. Anyway, I have also got rid of the links to your computer and re-uploaded the file and tested it and it now doesn't show that there are any external links from either of us.

    If you haven't done so already can you please take down your uploaded file which contains the external links, thank you.

    So here is the revised file...

    http://www.mediafire.com/view/zygl8sl5cw9msd5/Hits_By_Position_%26_Hits_Relative_to_P1.xlsm

    Regards,
    PAB


    -∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏
    12:45, restate my assumptions.
    (1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
    (2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    (3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.
    Sorry for necroposting, can you please help me with the password to download the file on the above link

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada & TX endless summer
    Posts
    2,119
    "Necroposting"! Love it!

    Alas, the password was lost when PAB departed. He is much missed for all his excellent spreadsheets, Excel help, and keen lotto analysis.

    Luckily, I have a copy of this file. You can access it here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?9tfbtbmp2321r2w

    Enjoy!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    South Africa, PE
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Icewynd View Post
    "Necroposting"! Love it!

    Alas, the password was lost when PAB departed. He is much missed for all his excellent spreadsheets, Excel help, and keen lotto analysis.

    Luckily, I have a copy of this file. You can access it here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?9tfbtbmp2321r2w

    Enjoy!
    Thanks alot Icewynd, have a great day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. California Fantasy 5 8-22-11
    By Mr_Rich in forum International & State Lotteries
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 12:56 AM
  2. 6/49 Discussion For November 24, 2004
    By gsobier in forum Lotto 649
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 04:33 PM
  3. 6/49 Discussion For October 02, 2004
    By gsobier in forum Lotto 649
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 02:12 PM
  4. 6/49 Discussion For June 26, 2004
    By gsobier in forum Lotto 649
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 03:07 AM
  5. LottoStatisticsXL-BPS TRIAL
    By hot4 in forum Lotto Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •