Lotto Forums
How To Win

Go Back   Lotto Forums > Lotto Forums General Discussion > Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers Got Questions? We Have Answers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Catriona Catriona is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1
Gail Howard's Advantage Plus Software

I have just bought my first lottery system 'Advantage Plus' by Gail Howard. I would be grateful for any tips you have on this system.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2003, 01:28 AM
Brad's Avatar
Brad Brad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: been seen in BC, C_eh_N_eh_D_eh? N of 49
Posts: 3,701
Welcome to the Forums Catriona,

Gail Howard's is excellent software for stats, study the manual for good tips. One shouldn't rely solely on her Smart Picks tho, don't know which game you play but that feature hasn't worked well with Canadian lottos I've tried.
There are a few other players here using the same program, you can post either here or in the Software section, we'll try to answer,

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Snowy's Avatar
Snowy Snowy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 74
Thumbs up software

The only type of software you need is one that will allow you to exclude certain types of combination's rather than software that picks them for you based on previous results for instance, one thing you must undrestand is not to take into consideration popular drawn numbers or cold number, or hot numbers and other such rubbish.( i could go on forever )

You really need to read a book i can recomend first and understand why most software lottery programmes are pretty useless and then you will understand why most people are wasting their time using such programmes.

The book is called 'How to win more' and the ISBN is
'1-56881-078-4' and was written by NORBERT HENZE and HANS RIEDWYL.

I have actually emailed NORBERT HENZE on two occasion's and he has replied both times, he is a big cheese in the world of mathematics and head of a german maths university department, so get the book, read it, then gate back to me if you need anything explaining.

Tim.

[color=orangered]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Beaker's Avatar
Beaker Beaker is offline
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Far far away very very soon
Posts: 7,116
Re: software

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
The only type of software you need is one that will allow you to exclude certain types of combination's rather than software that picks them for you based on previous results for instance, one thing you must undrestand is not to take into consideration popular drawn numbers or cold number, or hot numbers and other such rubbish.( i could go on forever )

You really need to read a book i can recomend first and understand why most software lottery programmes are pretty useless and then you will understand why most people are wasting their time using such programmes.

The book is called 'How to win more' and the ISBN is
'1-56881-078-4' and was written by NORBERT HENZE and HANS RIEDWYL.

I have actually emailed NORBERT HENZE on two occasion's and he has replied both times, he is a big cheese in the world of mathematics and head of a german maths university department, so get the book, read it, then gate back to me if you need anything explaining.

Tim.


Tim, can you give us a synopsis of this work?
Quote:
THE BOOK STARTS OUT SAYING HOT NUMBERS/COLD/TRENDS/ETS. IS FOOLISH AND SILLY(PREFACE VIII )HE SAYS QUICK PICKS ARE SENSIBLE-THEN CONTRADICTS IT BY SAYING QUICK PICK MACHINES ARENT TRUE(PAGE70)SAYS PAST WINNINGS DONT MATTER IN PICKING NUMBERS(WE ALL KNOW SAME TICKETS DONT REPEAT IN PICK6)HE LOST ME WHEN TALKING ABOUT USING CARDS TO USE MARKED 1-S! HE USED TERMS LIKE ALGEBRA AND GEOMETRY- AND I HAVE TO WANDER WHERE OR HOW ON EARTH THIS PERSON EVER WROTE A BOOK ON LOTTO-MY DOGS COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.IF YOU PLAY LOTTO AND WANT TIPS --STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOOK.

I guess I should stop playing that 20-43 combo for our lotto Not
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Nick Koutras's Avatar
Nick Koutras Nick Koutras is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, On. Canada
Posts: 785
Link for Table of Contents...

[url]http://mspcdip.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/personen/henze/howtowinmore.html[/url]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Dennis Bassboss Dennis Bassboss is offline
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,172
Re: software

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
The only type of software you need is one that will allow you to exclude certain types of combination's rather than software that picks them for you based on previous results for instance, one thing you must undrestand is not to take into consideration popular drawn numbers or cold number, or hot numbers and other such rubbish.( i could go on forever )

You really need to read a book i can recomend first and understand why most software lottery programmes are pretty useless and then you will understand why most people are wasting their time using such programmes.

The book is called 'How to win more' and the ISBN is
'1-56881-078-4' and was written by NORBERT HENZE and HANS RIEDWYL.

I have actually emailed NORBERT HENZE on two occasion's and he has replied both times, he is a big cheese in the world of mathematics and head of a german maths university department, so get the book, read it, then gate back to me if you need anything explaining.

Tim.

[color=orangered]
Maybe you need some dancing lessons Snowy.... if not this author needs some badly..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2003, 04:53 AM
Snowy's Avatar
Snowy Snowy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 74
Re: Re: software

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Bassboss
Maybe you need some dancing lessons Snowy.... if not this author needs some badly..

I think you need a lesson in odds and mathematics. I could provide you with a whole list of rules to follow if you so wish, but remember this, if you are playing the lottery for a bit of fun then ok but you are wasting your money and time and are under some sort of illusion if you think you are going to win the jackpot by trying to improve your chances using silly wheeling tpye systems and information from previosly drawn numbers, using statistic's of any given set of previously drawn number's is the biggest error most lottery player's make, that is why you only ever get a very small number of winners, lottery companies love people like you, and you might aswell spend the money on holidays and beer because it will give you better value for money. - tell me, what's the most you have ever won and how much have you spent on tickets since you started doing the lottery/lotto................? And can you also tell me why you never get a 20-30 jackpot winners?? Hmmm...
If you havn't won 5000 or more at any one time you are under a sad illusion.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2003, 05:57 AM
Dennis Bassboss Dennis Bassboss is offline
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,172
Re: Re: Re: software

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
I think you need a lesson in odds and mathematics. I could provide you with a whole list of rules to follow if you so wish, but remember this, if you are playing the lottery for a bit of fun then ok but you are wasting your money and time and are under some sort of illusion if you think you are going to win the jackpot by trying to improve your chances using silly wheeling tpye systems and information from previosly drawn numbers, using statistic's of any given set of previously drawn number's is the biggest error most lottery player's make, that is why you only ever get a very small number of winners, lottery companies love people like you, and you might aswell spend the money on holidays and beer because it will give you better value for money. - tell me, what's the most you have ever won and how much have you spent on tickets since you started doing the lottery/lotto................? And can you also tell me why you never get a 20-30 jackpot winners?? Hmmm...
If you havn't won 5000 or more at any one time you are under a sad illusion.
This is what I was saying....You need some lessons pals I am a mth teacher in real life and I have won many 5,000$ prizes already...The dancing set busted many lottos already....And I have some very good working theories that you are unaware off...Stick around we will teach you...And you will improve a lot...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Snowy's Avatar
Snowy Snowy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 74
Math's

Mathematics, i'm been more on the physics side myself for the last 23yr's so my work does involve an enormous amount of equations and lot's of board work.

Are you interested in the work going on at the momment in proving goldbech's conjectures, we have been working on it for over 7months but the costs involved in carrying on the work are geting harder to fund, here at oxford we have a feedback group every week to discuss our work as it goes on and have ourselves actually put in £100,000 out of our 'Eternity' win but as you would probably know that £100,000 doesn't go far when you are doing research.

Have you any thought's or comment's on the subject.

p.s
No question's on 'Eternity' please, our work has been well documented, and did infact involve a bit of luck, all i will say is i dont think we would have solved it in my lifetime without the aid of a computer and good old 'VB'
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Nick Koutras's Avatar
Nick Koutras Nick Koutras is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, On. Canada
Posts: 785
I'm wondering...
You study "goldbech's conjectures"...
but yet you spell his name wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Nick Koutras's Avatar
Nick Koutras Nick Koutras is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, On. Canada
Posts: 785
A link for these problems...

[url]http://primes.utm.edu/links/theory/conjectures/Goldbach/[/url]
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Beaker's Avatar
Beaker Beaker is offline
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Far far away very very soon
Posts: 7,116
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Koutras
I'm wondering...
You study "goldbech's conjectures"...
but yet you spell his name wrong?
He doesn't study them Nick - just trying to impress us cerebrally challenged lotto players

Thanks for the link to these "problems". Now we can be prepared for the rest of the "conjectures"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Rebeckah's Avatar
Rebeckah Rebeckah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Millionaires' road
Posts: 455
Re: Re: Re: software

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
I think you need a lesson in odds and mathematics. I could provide you with a whole list of rules to follow if you so wish, but remember this, if you are playing the lottery for a bit of fun then ok but you are wasting your money and time and are under some sort of illusion if you think you are going to win the jackpot by trying to improve your chances using silly wheeling tpye systems and information from previosly drawn numbers, using statistic's of any given set of previously drawn number's is the biggest error most lottery player's make,

no disrespect intended here, but why exactly are you on this forum? to try and get strokes for your mathematicaly based ego? Are you trying to dissuade us from playing? I mean really, why are you here? If you really believe what you wrote then you have nothing to learn here right? so then why are you here?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Snowy's Avatar
Snowy Snowy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Manchester uk
Posts: 74
Re: Re: Re: Re: software

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebeckah
no disrespect intended here, but why exactly are you on this forum? to try and get strokes for your mathematicaly based ego? Are you trying to dissuade us from playing? I mean really, why are you here? If you really believe what you wrote then you have nothing to learn here right? so then why are you here?

Ok rebeckah, you can improve the odds of winning dramatically but you need to forget about past draws because they have no influence on the outcome of any other draw, all you need to do is think up as many possible reasons to exclude certain types of combinations, the most important factor is to make sure that the combonations you choose have no pattern to them, in other words they have to look as random in appearance as possible.
Do this and you can exclude around 75% of the combinations imediately.

I can give you a list if you like to make it easier
get back to me
<< email addy deleted. email posting is not allowed ... thanks for your understanding of the membership rules. You can post your list or send a zip file for inclusion in the free lotto stuff area if you wish - LT >>

Last edited by LT : 03-23-2003 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-23-2003, 06:32 PM
GillesD's Avatar
GillesD GillesD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Montréal
Posts: 715
Randomness and winning numbers

To Snowy

Nice idea of using numbers that "look as random in appearance as possible" but how do you define randomness? That is the question.

Out of the 6 combinations listed below, could you indicate which ones you would define as random in appearance:

A ) 01 -- 02 -- 03 -- 04 -- 05 -- 06
B ) 01 -- 08 -- 15 -- 29 -- 36 -- 43
C ) 02 -- 03 -- 11 -- 14 -- 47 -- 48
D ) 02 -- 08 -- 20 -- 24 -- 25 -- 37
E ) 02 -- 11 -- 13 -- 19 -- 21 -- 38
F ) 22 -- 27 -- 32 -- 37 -- 42 -- 47
G ) 38 -- 43 -- 44 -- 45 -- 46 -- 47

If possible, could you give us a rating for each combination of its chance of winning (let's say an A for likely, a B for moderate chance, a C for not likely and a D for very unlikely to win). That could help me set up a pattern for eliminating numbers.

Last edited by GillesD : 03-23-2003 at 10:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Silver Lotto System
Silver Lotto System

 

Free Lottery Secrets Report
Free Lottery Secrets Report

 

Megamillions 125x125
NEW Lottosend

 


Get Your Best Bet Days

 

Lottosend  468x60

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000 - 2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2014 LottoForums.com