Lotto Forums
How To Win

Go Back   Lotto Forums > The Lotteries > Lotto 649

Lotto 649 Canada Lotto 649 Best Bet Numbers, Predictions & Discussion.

Old 10-30-2005, 03:59 PM

don't most winners win with quickpicks?

every time i hear of someone winning it's usually a quickpick... does anyone have any stats or something like what percentage of jackpot winners win with quickpick and what percentage win with their own numbers?

i mean we can sit here and try to come with with formulas and what not to try and pick our own numbers but really does it do us any good?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 PM

This excerpt came from the OLGC website:

Do most winners play by Quick Pick or with their own selections?

Approximately half of our Jackpot winners play by Quick Pick. Whether a player chooses Quick Pick or their own selections, all numbers have an equal chance of being a winner.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:30 PM

Most people I think play quick pick so naturally I think the quick pick win will be larger statistcally than picking your own numbers. Not sure how large the group of people who buy lotto software or program their own numbers is but its probably not very large. People may just pick their own numbers also but my ball park guess would be probably 70% quick pick winners, to 30% people who pick their own numbers.
Nice to see you back Maggie =)
Old 11-01-2005, 05:36 AM

I think there are many out there who also play a fixed set of numbers on a weekly basis thinking someday those numbers will come up. I do, but, I'll usually toss in an extra buck or two (depending on which game I'm playing) and get a quick pick along with them.
I've been playing one particular line in Lottario for at least 18 years now and have never gotten anything more than 3 numbers on that set. Why do I keep playing it? Like so many others who do the same, I think to myself, "they're due and they're bound to show up one of these days." When in all reality if they ever do get drawn, it won't be because it was time and they were due, it was because of pure luck only. The lottery has no memory of previous numbers drawn and each number has the same oddball chance as any other of being chosen. (imo..I know there are some who would disagree with that)

But, will I stop playing that set? Of course not....they might show up one of these days!

I think both quick picks and choosing your own numbers have pretty much an equally good chance of winning the JP.

Thanks, Godload.

Last edited by Maggie : 11-01-2005 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:05 AM

I think winning the jackpot depends on the laws of mathemematics and statistics and larglely on Luck which no one has any control over. The laws of mathematics and statistics that you have a one in fourteen million odds of winning the National 649 in Canada. Given enough tickets bought or sold, you are more likely to have a winner. Now seemingly if anyone had that kind of resources, they wouldn't be spending it on Lotto. So most of us are left with basically the hope of winning and Luck of hitting the jackpot.
I think the best advice anyone can give is develope a strategy and stick to it. I think thats what they guy I think in the prairie provinces said who won the 649 twice in 5 years said.
I'm not the religious type, but there may be something to the saying that everything has its time. If its your time to win the Jackpot then its your time.
Only thing I have to back this up, and it may not be very scientific is that I was talking to a guy who immigrated here from Africa. He was telling me about his cousin who got 6 times in Africa after a bar fight and was like an hour from the nearest hospital. He lived somehow after getting medical care at the hospital. Mind you he walks with a serious limp, and his arm is partially paralyzed, but the guy said "everyone has their time, you won't die until its your time." So conversely I think if its your time to win the Jackpot, and you step up to the bat and buy a ticket, I think you will win.
Now I don't know if what that guy said is true, and I don't think his cousin was shot 6 times in the vital organs, so lets not say he was shot 3 times in the head or heart and he lived. Thats not what I was saying. For all I know this may have been made up or he could have been shot 3 times each in the pinky and small toe. But if it is true, there may be something to the saying that "there is a time for everything." Reminds me of that song by the Birds hehe, an oldie but a goodie. At least I think it was the group called the Birds, there is a time for war, there is a time for peace there is a time to live and a time to die.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:16 AM

Yep, I agree with that concept and I am a firm believer in luck (good, bad and dumb)

Ok, somebody, pls. aim those lotto numbers at me, NOW!!! I think it's just about that time..

Turn, turn, turn, it's called
Old 11-01-2005, 06:19 AM

That last jackpot was won in Alberta by I think 14 oil workers who picked there numbers using an old key chain shake thingy for 649 with the balls that drop into corresponding number holes.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:28 AM

Hmm...there could be money made in that....

"Step right up, folks, buy a chance on a million bucks, only 2.99 plus tax for your very own "shaky thingy thing" Let it choose your lucky lotto numbers for you."

Betcha there's a whole lotta people out there would buy one on a lark because "you just never know" Guess who becomes the millionaire first?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:55 AM

The thing is,if enough people buy it and use it, according to the laws of mathematics and statistics, someone will win using it. Like any other lotto software program, get enough people using it you will get a winner eventually or possibly many. Doesn't necessarily mean one system is better than another unless it produces consistent verifiable results on a regular basis, its just personal preference in my opinion.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:39 PM

There are some games where players can
play Quick Picks ONLY and CAN'T choose their OWN numbers....

Last edited by tomtom : 11-01-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 PM

It's all random... so yeah... random.

<<< affilliate ad deleted >>>

Last edited by LT : 11-04-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:43 PM

NIX QUICK PICKS

Here is a quote you might be interested in...

"Then I read some eye opening figures in a Canadian paper. In Canada, 47.8 percent of all tickets sold were Quick Picks but only 20.8 percent of the winning tickets were Quick Picks. This means that 52.2 percent of jackpot winners did NOT use Quick Picks and they won 79.2 percent of the jackpots! These figures were based on a 12-month study made by the Canadian Lottery.

According to an article about the New York State Lottery that appeared in the November 8, 1996 New York Daily News, "Quick Pick is not the best route to winning. More than half of all players use Quick Pick instead of selecting their own numbers. But Quick Pick has accounted for only 38 percent of the winners.""

Quoted from page 21 of the book "Lottery Master Guide" by Gail Howard

I am not sure how true this is though. I can't be bothered to research this any further as I never cared much for quick picks anyhow--I would rather pick my own than trust a computer program owned by the OLGC. Now if I were the programmer!

Regards,

Dejazzman (lottopools.ca)
Old 11-25-2005, 04:32 PM

Re: NIX QUICK PICKS

Quote:
Originally posted by Dejazzman
Here is a quote you might be interested in...

"Then I read some eye opening figures in a Canadian paper. In Canada, 47.8 percent of all tickets sold were Quick Picks but only 20.8 percent of the winning tickets were Quick Picks. This means that 52.2 percent of jackpot winners did NOT use Quick Picks and they won 79.2 percent of the jackpots! These figures were based on a 12-month study made by the Canadian Lottery.

According to an article about the New York State Lottery that appeared in the November 8, 1996 New York Daily News, "Quick Pick is not the best route to winning. More than half of all players use Quick Pick instead of selecting their own numbers. But Quick Pick has accounted for only 38 percent of the winners.""

Quoted from page 21 of the book "Lottery Master Guide" by Gail Howard

I am not sure how true this is though. I can't be bothered to research this any further as I never cared much for quick picks anyhow--I would rather pick my own than trust a computer program owned by the OLGC. Now if I were the programmer!

Regards,

Dejazzman (lottopools.ca)

I posted about the same NIX 3 yrs and 5 days ago!! ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
Quote from the Guru on Quick Picks:

NIX QUICK PICKS
Quick Picks are used by people who want to be in the action without putting any effort into winning. When you read articles about jackpot winners, it appears as though they all used either Quick Picks, birth dates or their children's ages. The vast majority of people do play that way. If the majority of tickets sold are Quick Picks, then it makes sense that the majority of jackpots won should be won with Quick Picks. However, when I saw the actual statistics, I found that you have a better chance of winning by picking numbers randomly out of a hat than by using Quick Picks.

Gail Howard

My GH quote was from the same book and page, and although I haven't seen the article she refers to I think it's safe to believe her. I also feel that those stats would be roughly the same today, and prefer to pick my own. Although when there's no time to expend the effort I do resort to QPs (unfortunately) ...

Cheers

Last edited by Brad : 11-25-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:51 PM

Re: don't most winners win with quickpicks?

Quote:
Originally posted by hp_84
every time i hear of someone winning it's usually a quickpick... does anyone have any stats or something like what percentage of jackpot winners win with quickpick and what percentage win with their own numbers?

i mean we can sit here and try to come with with formulas and what not to try and pick our own numbers but really does it do us any good?

yes, those 4+1 idiots over at the Paraidiots site always win quickpicks.....
Old 11-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Many people like to play their own numbers, whatever those numbers might represent. These people
are actual or potential valuable customers for lottery corporations and the other gambling games arrangers .

If I had a regular non QPs daily pick4 or pick5 game available at a corner store around me, I would never search and find how many online betting sites thriving , and how many nice games, odds and payouts they offer.

Last edited by tomtom : 11-25-2005 at 07:12 PM.