Z Code System
Silver Lotto System
Silver Lotto System

4 out of 6 winning numbers prize amount sucked!

mirage
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Whoa... the OLGC prize amount for last night's draw for 4 numbers out of 6 at a measley $38.40. That's about HALF of what it usually or used to pay out. (Was there that many winners of 4 out of 6?-I don't think so.) I've never seen it so low. :( And, the jackpot (not won) was only.... $3,371,785.00...
They need to roll some heads, do some house cleaning at that Lotto corp, big time. Seems like there is a bunch of greedy people who just want to make a fast buck before their spaceship crashes and burns... :rolleyes:
Time to be thinking about moving on again, maybe...

veronica21
05-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by mirage
Whoa... the OLGC prize amount for last night's draw for 4 numbers out of 6 at a measley $38.40. That's about HALF of what it usually or used to pay out. (Was there that many winners of 4 out of 6?-I don't think so.) I've never seen it so low. :( And, the jackpot (not won) was only.... $3,371,785.00...
They need to roll some heads, do some house cleaning at that Lotto corp, big time. Seems like there is a bunch of greedy people who just want to make a fast buck before their spaceship crashes and burns... :rolleyes:
Time to be thinking about moving on again, maybe...


Mirage,

I agree, I got 3 out of 6 numbers that's only good for a free ticket. The people at the lottery corporation are very greedy. They charge $ 1-$ 2 for tickets and if you get a decent amount of numbers on a ticket you get a lousy small prize. It cost me a small fortune to buy tickets weekly, and if i don't win I feel ripped off by the lottery corp.

:burnt:

Maggie
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Congrats on your win, Mirage. :)

Just for a bit of a comparison, the April 16 draw had 6978 4th. prize winners for a total win of 63.50, where the jackpot was 3.9 mil.

On April 27 there were 7461 winners for a prize of 58.10 for 4th prize and the jackpot was 3.6 mil.

Last night there were a whopping 9822 winners for the 4th prize win, hence, the lower payout.

jillian1
05-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Mirage..That really sucks BIG time..They up the ticket amount to $2 so the least they can do is up the 4/6 prizes..At least on ONT49 you get an automatic $50....It seems like ever since the did the increase less people are winning compared to what the lottery corp. is making..I mean when I got 4/6 on lottario a few weeks ago I got $31 so it doesn't seem fair that you should get not that much more on the 649..They should either make a set amount or increase the percentage of the prize since they are making more money..I'm beginning to think that the ONT49 is a better bet when it comes to the smaller prizes they hand out..
They should definately take into consideration that more folks are playing because the jackpot and go from there..

mirage
05-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by jillian1
Mirage..That really sucks BIG time..They up the ticket amount to $2 so the least they can do is up the 4/6 prizes..At least on ONT49 you get an automatic $50....It seems like ever since the did the increase less people are winning compared to what the lottery corp. is making..I mean when I got 4/6 on lottario a few weeks ago I got $31 so it doesn't seem fair that you should get not that much more on the 649..They should either make a set amount or increase the percentage of the prize since they are making more money..I'm beginning to think that the ONT49 is a better bet when it comes to the smaller prizes they hand out..
They should definately take into consideration that more folks are playing because the jackpot and go from there..

Thanks for your thoughts.
Re: the Ont 649 and the Lottario 4 out of 6 amounts. Very true. The Ontario 649 4 out of 6 is a great deal compared to Can 649. Your odds are 4 times better dollar for dollar AND the payout is pretty good.
Congrats on your Lottario 4 out of 6! Yeah, Lottarios's 4 out of 6 is comparable to last night's 649 payout. Usually between $23 or $30+. $31 is pretty good!
Your last sentence, more folks are playing. More folks are paying more? Not necessarily playing more.

mirage
05-19-2005, 07:46 PM
(Originally posted by Maggie)
Congrats on your win, Mirage.

Just for a bit of a comparison, the April 16 draw had 6978 4th. prize winners for a total win of 63.50, where the jackpot was 3.9 mil.

On April 27 there were 7461 winners for a prize of 58.10 for 4th prize and the jackpot was 3.6 mil.

Last night there were a whopping 9822 winners for the 4th prize win, hence, the lower payout


Thanks Maggie!
And thanks for bringing me up to speed on the facts. That's a lot of winners for 4 out of 6. Again, personally I have never in decades, seen it that low. I don't think it's just luck factor - my guess is some people are playing smarter. The low jackpot amount is of concern though. It was awfully low.
And it's funny how when the jackpot rolls over to - next it should be $8 mil - the lotto corp will somehow find an extra couple of mil to throw out for marketing purposes, making it $10 mil as a promo deal. then when it should be $12 they make it $15 mil. At least that has been happening in recent while. Or am I wrong about this?

Sheba
05-19-2005, 08:31 PM
I had 5/6 one time and the price was just 1400.00...
I was really piised at that...

Sheba..:dog:

Sheba
05-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Congrats on your win, Mirage.

Sheba..:dog:

mirage
05-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Sheba
I had 5/6 one time and the price was just 1400.00...
I was really piised at that...

I'll bet! It's usually more like 1800 to 2500. & especially when you think to yourself oh why not just one more number right? Why.. I was so close...

And thanks for the congrats!

mirage
05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by veronica21

Mirage,

I agree, I got 3 out of 6 numbers that's only good for a free ticket. The people at the lottery corporation are very greedy. They charge $ 1-$ 2 for tickets and if you get a decent amount of numbers on a ticket you get a lousy small prize. It cost me a small fortune to buy tickets weekly, and if i don't win I feel ripped off by the lottery corp.

veronica21,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Was your win for Can 649?
If so, should be worth more than a free ticket. 2 + b = $5;
3 numbers = $10. This should be true across the country...(?)

veronica21
05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by mirage
Originally posted by veronica21

Mirage,

I agree, I got 3 out of 6 numbers that's only good for a free ticket. The people at the lottery corporation are very greedy. They charge $ 1-$ 2 for tickets and if you get a decent amount of numbers on a ticket you get a lousy small prize. It cost me a small fortune to buy tickets weekly, and if i don't win I feel ripped off by the lottery corp.

veronica21,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Was your win for Can 649?
If so, should be worth more than a free ticket. 2 + b = $5;
3 numbers = $10. This should be true across the country...(?)



Hello Mirage,

I took the ticket to the store, I didn't remember if I would win a free ticket or money. I won $ 10. that pissed me off. The lottery corp still rip people off of the winnings they should receive. I really believe that. The corporation makes millions of dollars from the lottery consumer. While the consumer receives back a pittance of what they pay into the lottery weekly!:mad:

ComboManiac
05-20-2005, 01:35 PM
That is why it's time for all of us to abandon this pathetic 649..
And play S7 for now.

luckystrike
05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ComboManiac
That is why it's time for all of us to abandon this pathetic 649..
And play S7 for now.

....:agree2: :agree: :wavey:

jillian1
05-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Super 7 sounds better then 649 right about now but I think I'll start playing more lottario and Ont49..50 cents for a mil isn't all that bad and at least with 4/6 there is that $50 fixed winning..As for the Lottario it's actually only costing you the same because of the free ticket..
Good Luck to everyone in the Super7 tonight!

Silver Lotto System
Silver Lotto System
Z Code System