Megamillions 468x60
Silver Lotto System
Silver Lotto System

how hard can it be

daleks
11-19-2002, 09:32 PM
hey, brad - first, here's a cookie:smokin: :smokin:

found your message, and this site, and you'r in bc and me too also...and the odds on the daily three are so incredibly favourable.....so, really,how hard can it be

i will do some research...some years ago i tracked the numbers for one year, noticed some groupings, some repeats - perhaps 10%----made some charts....doing it more for , ---hey, i'm angry and just want to get the numbers right so who cares about a payout -----and twice in about a month did connect the numbers for 3-straight, but was not playing with money.....simply doing simple elimination systems resulted in "gambler's fallacy,"....picking by hunch seemed to work best......i lately have come across a number of text tomes with systems which will return money, but one ends up losing more.....the odds and systems available are fairly simple, only 3 places being played, and i will in the next while take another look at it, in a more serious vein........winning a small amount but consistently, will add up over a longer period........cheers:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Brad
11-19-2002, 10:21 PM
daleks,

your approach mirrors mine in that I have done some dry runs in D3 also ... so far no cookies but I do have some stats etc.

For example: from draw 1 to 3101 -10/20/02:

Triples.........33x--> 1%
Doubles.....831x-->27%
Singles...2,237x-->72%

Pretty basic stuff, I understand most 3 nr games have similar stats .... what it tells me is that maybe the main focus should be on 3 diff nrs, scramble (boxed) play. Not to get too far ahead but wheeling up to 7 nr full wheel (35 lines) per draw could potentially result in consistent small gains. This means elliminating only 3 nrs each time ... now how hard could that be ?? :dizzy:

daleks
11-19-2002, 10:46 PM
:agree:

i hate it when u do that with yur eyes.....gimme 'til sunday football and i'll have some opines........:wavey:

Brad
11-19-2002, 11:05 PM
:D my eyes are connected to my brain, they're trying to keep up with somersaults .... :cool: how's this ?

PS this is the second time on this board it's been suggested that I cover my eyes ... been talking to Maggie lately ? :lol:

Maggie
11-20-2002, 03:25 PM
:dizzy: Brad, Brad, Brad :dizzy:

daleks
11-20-2002, 11:01 PM
just what we needed here, .........get maggie started..........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

daleks
12-01-2002, 12:34 PM
daily 3 - maximum prize is $500 for matching all 3 in correct order, and playing them that way in the first place...dependant whether you play singles or doubles (ie 1,4,5 or 2,3,3) and you then fill in the slip as a straight play, or combo play, or straight and combo play, the prize goes down to $40...

keno - have had some success the last month or so during sunday afternoon football at the local ---waiting for the numbers to start grouping ---either in lines across the board (1,14,16,17,18) where i stay away --- or in one corner (ie 7,8,10/17,19,20/37,38,40) where i play -- or in vertical lines (ie 10,20,30/2,12,22) where i also play ----i have then played six numbers 10,20,40,8,18,38 and have managed 5/6 four times in the last little while, playing 7 draws in a row -- the bonus i rarely or never play, it costs an extra $1/draw ----

Brad
12-05-2002, 02:24 AM
:eek3: :eek2: :eek: eurEEKa !! :idea2: :idea: :liplick: g'bye BC49 ... hello D3 $$$ :cool:

daleks
12-05-2002, 10:23 PM
brad got hit by a lightning bolt...............:dizzy:

Brad
12-05-2002, 11:31 PM
... yeah and the bolt must'a fried my brain :unhappy:

All day yesterday and part of today I thought I was onto something promising ... tested many months of prev draws ... always coming to the same conclusion "... it can be done with a consistent be it small gain ..." then :bomb: and now I feel like :crap: ... I realized it wasn't the software's fault when I checked the loose nut in front of the keyboard ... the only thing consistent was my misreading the data ... nuts

Brad
12-18-2002, 10:12 PM
BC Daily 3 ... just testing my instinct here on a $2 straight and scramble.

Brad
12-20-2002, 12:10 PM
707 ... instinct was off by one ... day and nr that is :sick: ... stick to stats :lol:

daleks
12-20-2002, 05:21 PM
pretty darn close, brad..........i've sorta been looking at the stats from time to time, perhaps early in the new year or after this week-end i'll post some numbers that i'll play..........

Brad
12-20-2002, 05:34 PM
Good to c u daleks ... that was just a stab, I've been looking at the nrs too but the kids won't let me concentrate now ... must be gettin close to Xmas or sumtin ...

Have a good one :beer:

Florie
12-30-2002, 06:59 PM
Am looking into this one also. So far, I have not gathered all data re history. Will learn and test how it works like best 3 digits, best digit for position 1, 2 and 3 and what numbers not drawn yet, etc.

Brad
12-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Hi Florie,

do you have software for you data? I recently came across one that has an unrestricted free trial and a lot of the Canadian Dailies data available for download. I'm still 'playing' with it ... go here (www.p34lotto.com) if you're interested.

Florie
12-30-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Brad
Hi Florie,

do you have software for you data? I recently came across one that has an unrestricted free trial and a lot of the Canadian Dailies data available for download. I'm still 'playing' with it ... go here (www.p34lotto.com) if you're interested.

Yes, I do have the program that takes all-lotto, pick 3/4, and Keno as well but it doesn't have the other features that the other programs have so I have to consolidate data.

Happy New Year!

Brad
12-31-2002, 01:11 PM
It seems there are not too many progs available for pick 3/4. Other than the one above, P34L, I've also got VersaBet's 3-4 free trial... it's a great prog with many ways to look at the stats etc. but very expensive. Haven't seen any good free progs yet.

Happy New Year !!

daleks
12-31-2002, 02:06 PM
good to see you here florie.....haven't forgotten about this one, and will play on the week-end.....earlier i looked also at odds/evens; combining frequently drawn with not frequently drawn; blah, blah, blah........made a chart of numbers drawn in the past year, in straight order and random order, and played with that for a while......never looked at wheels yet, and that's what i'll do before this week-end.......

LT
12-31-2002, 02:12 PM
For the Pick 3-4 VersaBet is the leading edge. http://www.versabet.com but you're correct as always Brad .. it does have a price tag.
Lotto Hat has come up with a P34 as well but also is not free.
I'm very familiar with VersaBet's software - it isn't free because it is real quality software. I can consistently pick 1 number to happen in the pick 3 with it. :agree: .. too bad it takes 3 numbers to win :bawl: The VersaBet P3-4 is really good. I analysed a terrific run once by betting on boxed 3 sets from due sums between the most probable sum ranges. It went great for several months.
The Pick 3 is a negected topic here but one of my favourite lotto games.

daleks
12-31-2002, 02:34 PM
hey, LT.......while i was paying more attention to this game, and our local lottery magazine was still publishing small winners, i noticed an inordinate number of winners of oriental descent....while in university i played the game of " go " and took a stab at mah johng also, both played quite well by my, again, oriental room-mate......the question is whether a different-than-our-childhood-education-in-numbers makes it easier for some to discern math in a manner more condusive to winning......another example....i was taught math until the age of eight in germany, and at that time was able to multiply and divide many numbers in my head...the language itself contributed to that....the german language calls, for example, the number "21" as "one and twenty," whereas the english language refers to it as "twenty and one." when doing the math, multiplying, for example, the english method is to multiply the "one" first, although the number is stuck in the brain as "twenty......one." the germans do not have to turn the number around in the same way, and it makes for an easier manipulation..............:dizzy: happy new year

LT
12-31-2002, 04:18 PM
I think that you make a good point Daleks.
At the risk of being politically incorrect :) I would acknowledge that lingusitic, cultural and DNA tribal differences influence all of us in various ways with our understanding of numbers/mathematics as well as everything else. That is what makes mankind/womankind ... the human race ... so great ... the predispositions and diversities of our perspectives and talents.
Happy New Year 2 U 2
LT

Brad
12-31-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by LT
... >Snip<... I can consistently pick 1 number to happen in the pick 3 with it. :agree: .. too bad it takes 3 numbers to win :bawl:... Think I know your answer even before asking this but want to make sure ... Can you pick 1 number by itself or in a group of numbers?

I'm prob not telling you anything new here, however playing that 1 number with all the possible pairs of 9 remaining nrs would result in 36 combos. Wheeling those as boxed/scrambled will get $80 in ~70% of the draws here in BC (not sure of payouts in other provinces) ... nice little consistent profit, no? :)

Cheers

LT
01-01-2003, 01:13 PM
Hi Brad .. the system was good at picking just 1 most due number to hit in the next 2 -3 draws and my due sums system was good at generating a set of 9 to 10 boxed bets (no doubles or triples) to hit in the upcomming draws. I'll have to dust off my VersaBet P34 and dig out my "what if test files" again in the future and take another run at this ;)

daleks
01-02-2003, 05:43 PM
looked quickly at 100-draws in a row, starting randomly on several dates spread out over a few years.....best return i could come up with was to play "straight & combo", two digits the same, flanking the dissimilar digit...eg- 929, 747, where the dissimilar digit was either odd or even, and the two like digits the opposite.......and then playing all 20 possible combinations, either odd/even/odd, or even/odd/even......the best i found was that in 100 draws, "straight" then matched 4 times, and "combo" matched 7 times.......at times the length between draws where the numbers finally hit looked long enough that cardiac arrest could ensue if one were actually playing.......

all that said, i am playing 2 sets for tonight

696 and 949....

daleks
01-03-2003, 06:18 PM
gonna play two sets for jan 3:

688 and 474

daleks
01-04-2003, 03:32 PM
for jan 04 playing 688, 474, and 959......straight & scramble

Brad
01-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Width of line= 6 ... theoretically it's occurence is 13.5% or once every 7.4 draws; the actual stats to date (1885 draws in my data base) are the same as theoretical.
There are 135 possible 3 nr combos for width of line of 6 ...

... In BC Daily 3 - from 24.12.02 to 04.01.03 the width of line of 6 came up 8x in 11 draws !!! ... how about them apples :dizzy:

Dennis Bassboss
01-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Just for your info...Here in Québec for pick 3 and pick 4 at times Lotto-Québec will prevent some triples or quad of being played...
like 888 or 8888 ....The machine will refuse to validate these lines as the gain by the player would exceed the gain for them...I was wondering if it is the case in other parts of the country?
This is the reason why I am not playing that lottery anymore as once the machine refuses my pick of 222 and guess what came out the very same night.....Investigate it and you will see ask some clerk about this...

Brad
01-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Don't know about that scenario but BC D3 does have limitations restricting total prizes to not more than $5M per draw ... how do they decide to divvy up should that happen I wonder ...

Dennis Bassboss
01-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Brad
Don't know about that scenario but BC D3 does have limitations restricting total prizes to not more than $5M per draw ... how do they decide to divvy up should that happen I wonder ...
We have restriction here too on the total possible win ...but what I am telling here is that your picks can't be validated...They program the machine and some picks are just simply impossibles to validate:dang: ...And this happens often here especially when you try to play them in order...Inquire on this you might be in for a big surprize Brad.... :confused:

Brad
01-05-2003, 06:34 PM
I understood what you said the first time ... will have to ask to confirm ... Cheers

PS. ....The machine will refuse to validate these lines as the gain by the player would exceed the gain for them...
Dennis, I'm speculating here but the answers may lie in your earlier statement, quoted above ... once the max potential pay out is reached based on the bets accepted, then the program will not allow any further betting/validating of certain if not all combos ... ergo the max ceiling of $5M, same for not accepting your 222. It's their version of CYA (cover your a..) .... I will ask anyway.

SLASH
02-04-2003, 09:19 AM
hey, LT.......while i was paying more attention to this game, and our local lottery magazine was still publishing small winners, i noticed an inordinate number of winners of oriental descent....while in university i played the game of " go " and took a stab at mah johng also, both played quite well by my, again, oriental room-mate......the question is whether a different-than-our-childhood-education-in-numbers makes it easier for some to discern math in a manner more condusive to winning......another example....i was taught math until the age of eight in germany, and at that time was able to multiply and divide many numbers in my head...the language itself contributed to that....the german language calls, for example, the number "21" as "one and twenty," whereas the english language refers to it as "twenty and one." when doing the math, multiplying, for example, the english method is to multiply the "one" first, although the number is stuck in the brain as "twenty......one." the germans do not have to turn the number around in the same way, and it makes for an easier manipulation.............. happy new year

Check this out: http://www.bclc.com/Lottery/Daily3/Winners.asp

LT
02-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Het SLASH .. you might be onto something here. I would not be surprized at all if it was proven that different languages promoted unique ways of understanding numbers :)

daleks
02-04-2003, 03:50 PM
that was my post, LT, from some time ago......slash copied it, and then added the link at the bottom.....link sort of bears out the point of the post, i think......

Brad
02-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Wouldn't it also have something to do with the ethnic makeup of the location ... and to preferences as to type of game played? Me thinks this would be a good research project ... thesis ...

As to 20+1 vs 1+20 there is something to that ... having spend the first 7+ yrs in a European school environ (the rest in Canada) I can vouch for slight differences in numbers manipulation ... took me a while to convert ... 1/2 the time I don't know if I'm coming or going ... but I also remember having to use the slide ruler where one has to know the calculating process rather than just pushing a calculator button ... Abacus anyone?? just dated myself :dizzy:

Maggie
02-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Hmmm.... wonder how Ms.SHOU TI CHEN picks her numbers. Not a bad haul for a couple of days.

daleks
02-04-2003, 06:26 PM
winning numbers:

dec 30 328
dec 31 893
jan 01 880
jan 02 738
jan 03 389
jan 04 751

ms chen won dec 30 and jan 3.....why not on dec 31 ??

SLASH
02-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Sorry Daleks forgot the quotes.:(

daleks
02-05-2003, 04:57 PM
thanks, slash, no prob....just wanted to make sure LT didn't think he was in a time warp....
that was an interesting thing you picked up on......be nice to figure out how to make it work for us whose minds have already turned somewhat numb......

ComboManiac
02-11-2003, 11:59 PM
How they can win 5,000 2x in one day ?
he/she must have bet 400 tickets and wager 10 !? But that would give only 5,000.00 not 10,000.00

daleks
02-12-2003, 06:38 PM
playing 3, numbers in exact order only, the prize is $500, and the ticket can be bought for a bet of 1,2,5 or 10 dollars....

Lottery Master Guide
Megamillions 468x60